Chief Master Sergeant Thomas W. Triplett serves as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 139th Airlift Wing, Missouri Air National Guard, Rosecrans ANGB, St. Joseph, Mo. He is responsible to the 139th AW Wing commander on all issues regarding the welfare, readiness, morale and proper utilization and development of the wing’s enlisted personnel. He is the functional manager for group superintendents and first sergeants and an advisor to the Junior Enlisted, Senior Enlisted, First Sergeant, and Chief’s Councils.
Chief Triplett enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and attended basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, Calif., in July 1987. He served as an Organizational Automotive Mechanic and held several positions in that career field such as mechanic, quality control, shop chief, and motor transport chief. While in the Marine Corps, Chief Triplett participated in Operation Desert Storm/Shield and Joint Operation Peace Maker. In March 1998, Chief Triplett joined the Missouri Air National Guard, 139th AW Logistics Readiness Squadron as a Special Purpose Vehicle Mechanic. His background includes various Vehicle Management career field duties as well as superintendent positions at the squadron and group levels. Chief Triplett has deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. He has also participated as a member of Air Mobility Command Inspector General Team and many State and Federal civil unrest and natural disaster missions.
Chief Triplett served as a federal technician from May 2004 to 2021 as a Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic and supervisor. Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Triplett was the Senior Enlisted Leader, 139 Mission Support Group, Rosecrans MAP, St Joseph Mo.
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2008 Associate of Applied Science Vehicle Management, CCAF
2010 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2018 ANG Chief’s Executive Course, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2018 Contemporary Base Issues Course, 153 Air Wing, Cheyenne, Wyo.
1. July-September 1987 Recruit, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, Calif.
2. September 1987-February 1988, Student, Motor Transport Organizational Mechanic Course, Camp Lejuene, N.C.
3. February 1988 – February 1989 Motor Transport Mechanic 3rd Combat Engineer Battalion, 3rd Marine Division, Okinawa
4. February 1989 October 1992, Shop Chief, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, Camp Pendleton, Calif.
5. October 1992 – October 1995, Motor Transport Chief, 4th Communications Company, 4th Marine Division Indianapolis, Ind.
6. March 1998 – May 2009 Special Purpose Vehicle Mechanic, 139th Logistics Squadron, Rosecrans ANGB, St. Joseph, Mo.
7. May 2009 – December 2016, Vehicle Maintenance Shop Supervisor, 139th Logistics Squadron, Rosecrans ANGB, St. Joseph, Mo.
8. December 2016 – January 2018, Vehicle Management Superintendent, 139th Logistics Squadron, Rosecrans ANGB, St. Joseph, Mo.
9. January 2018 – September 2019, Logistics Readiness Squadron Superintendent, Vehicle Maintenance Manager, 139th Logistics Squadron, Rosecrans ANGB, St. Joseph, Mo.
10. October 2019 – October 2021, Mission Support Group Superintendent, 139th Mission Support Group, Rosecrans ANGB, St. Joseph, Mo.
11. October 2021 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 139th Airlift Wing, Rosecrans ANGB, St. Joseph, Mo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Rosecrans ANGB, Mo.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Enlisted Association of the National Guard
Missouri National Guard Association
139th AW Chief’s Association, Treasurer 2017-2021
Veteran Foreign Wars Post 4557, Brookfield Mo.
American Legion Post 517, Meadville Mo.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Staff Sergeant April 4, 1998
Technical Sergeant February 3, 2003
Master Sergeant May 28, 2009
Senior Master Sergeant October 24, 2012
Chief Master Sergeant December 6, 2016
(Current as of October 2021)