ID card policy guidance in response to COVID-19
139th Airlift Wing
/ Published October 15, 2020
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. --
The Department of Defense extended their previous Common Access Card and ID card policies that originally expired Sept. 30, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
1. Expiration dates for retired and dependent ID cards that expired on or after Jan. 1, 2020 will remain valid through June 30, 2021. This does not apply to children turning age 21. If your child is attending college full-time, contact your local ID card office.
2. Increased minimum age for dependent IDs from age 10 to 14.
3. ID cards and CACs will not be reissued for printed information on card such as promotion (grade/rank) and last name changes due to marriage or divorce.
4. CACs that expired or are expiring within 90 days will be re-issued by appointment only. CACs are good until the date of expiration.
5. Early CAC issuance is authorized for deployments, TDY travel, and permanent change of station events.
For additional information, please visit www.cac.mil/Coronavirus. For further questions or to schedule an appointment, please call 816-236-3330.